HONEYWELL TO SHOWCASE INDUSTRIAL INTERNET OF THINGS AND CYBER SECURITY TECHNOLOGIES AT HUG EMEA
More than 1,000 attendees expected at Honeywell’s 27th annual regional user group conference in Madrid
Honeywell (NYSE: HON) Process Solutions (HPS) will showcase its latest process automation solutions including the Industrial Internet of Things (iiOT by Honeywell) and industrial cyber security at the 27th annual Honeywell Users Group (HUG) for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
The conference, which runs November 16 to19 in Madrid, will be attended by more than 1,000 Honeywell technology users from across the oil and gas, chemical, pulp and paper, and metals and mining sectors. The conference features technology displays and dozens of Honeywell- and customer-led sessions and technical discussions.
“Our customers run some of the most complex industrial operations in the world, and they require better knowledge to improve process safety, reliability, security and sustainability,” said Vimal Kapur, president of HPS. “Knowledge is our theme this year because providing deep process insight is at the core of what we do. In addition, there’s a lot of interest in the Industrial Internet of Things and how industrial sites can implement and benefit from it. Honeywell is at the forefront of making this a reality and we’ll have a lot of discussion about it. Another key area we’re excited about is our increased capabilities and the benefits for HPS’ and Honeywell UOP’s customers as a result of the close integration of HPS and Honeywell UOP. I think that may be eye-opening for customers when they see the advantages of that integration.”
Attendees will experience many of Honeywell’s newest industrial automation technologies that address industry trends such as data management, training, safety and security, alarm and operations management, and remote operations. Also highlighted will be Honeywell’s Assurance 360, a services offering designed to help customers meet production goals by maximizing their automation investments and system performances.
Key solutions being demonstrated or unveiled at HUG EMEA this year include:
- Process Solution Suites for UOP Technologies combines Honeywell UOP and Honeywell process automation to provide pre-engineered solutions with embedded Honeywell UOP knowledge. Benefits include early validation of automation designs, reduced project risk and reduced automation punch-list items on site – which ultimately enables earlier start-up of operations.
- MatrikonOPC Unified Architecture (OPC UA) is a response to growing demand for products that easily interconnect and share data in meaningful and effective ways, accelerating the Internet of Things. MatrikonOPC UA extends the highly successful OPC communication protocol, enabling data acquisition and information modeling and communication between the plant floor and the enterprise reliably and securely.
- Honeywell Pulse™ remotely connects plant managers, supervisors and engineering staff using a mobile application to customized, real-time plant performance notifications sent from HPS’ industrial automation software. It enables users to stay connected to their enterprise – wherever they are – by bringing relevant metrics directly to their mobile device.
- The DynAMo® Alarm & Operations Management software family delivers advanced capabilities for alarm system compliance, monitoring and rationalization. It brings automated enforcement of alarm policies, measurement and reporting of alarm system performance, notification and alerting of operational problems, and best practice workflows for the communication and visualization of operational objectives – all in a single unified platform.
- Uniformance® software provides real-time digital intelligence through advanced process and event data collection, asset-centric analytics and powerful visualization technology, turning plant data into actionable information to enable smart operations. This solution is a backbone for the iiOT and puts “data” in Big Data. New this year is Uniformance Insight R100, a thin-client solution that offers data integration and performance monitoring for improved data visualization.
- The new RTU2020 process controller gives users 20/20 vision into realizing the best utilization of their distributed assets through efficient remote monitoring, diagnostic and asset management capabilities. The RTU2020 is designed to withstand harsh environments and to be deployed easily at remote sites.
- The UniSim® Blowdown Design Utility, designed for oil and gas, petrochemical and chemical industry applications, assists in designing systems to allow for safe depressurization of process equipment. It also helps companies manage capital costs by more accurately selecting the right construction materials and blowdown system sizes for a particular site.